Amsterdam Lift-Off Winners 2017

Posted on Network

Many thanks to everyone who participated in this year’s Amsterdam Lift-Off. It was great to see so many filmmakers and film enthusiasts filling Lab 111 cinema, in support of both local and international indie film. The judges’ votes have been counted and added to the audience’s feedback. Huge congratulations to the filmmakers who screened with […]

Read more >

Film Industry Jobs

Posted on Network

Film Industry Job Descriptions With so many varying jobs within Film and Television, it’s sometimes hard to know exactly what each job consists of. Below are a few of the key jobs within the film industry and an overview of what exactly that job entails. Executive Producer   Department: Production  Supervise the producer on behalf […]

Read more >

Ollie Downey Cinematographer of Philip K Dick adaptation ‘Electric Dreams’ and more

Posted on Camera Department

Ollie Downey is a director of photography based in London. He is known for his work on the highly successful TV series Electric Dreams alongside Fresh Meat, Harlots , Vera and more. Ollie has also worked on feature films and a wide range of commercials for brands such as Honda , Tesco and Barclays. How […]

Read more >

4 Rules for making a Documentary

Posted on Director

We at Lift-Off adore documentary films. When executed correctly, and the following rules are observed, a documentary can give an incredible insight into the human condition and more. Every time I think I’ve found the perfect documentary, another one comes around and blows my mind. I love any situation in which my mind is expanded […]

Read more >

Martin Ruhe Cinematographer of Anton Corbijn’s Control and more

Posted on Camera Department

(Feature image still poster courtesy of Anton Corbijn) Lift-Off caught up with Cinematographer Martin Ruhr to discuss his influences, career and his top tips for every Cinematographer. Martin Ruhe is known for his work on Daniel Barber’s ‘Harry Brown’  and Anton Corbijn’s ‘ Control ‘ and ‘ The American’. Alongside his outstanding work on feature […]

Read more >